- Collection of personal information by China City Garden Restaurant
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things. For example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and age
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or our marketing agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
- Where your personal information is stored
Where we store your personal information depends on what interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include:
– Databases for processing customer orders, enquiries or feedback; or
– Email or SMS databases for marketing communications.
- How your personal information is stored
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
- How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
– processing meal orders you place with us in store or via our electronic or mobile ordering system, providing you with email or SMS confirmation of your meal orders, providing you with our products and services and processing meal refunds where applicable;
– administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
– assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in future;
– facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information we collect from you to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
with your consent (express or implied) to others
We also use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
- Third party websites
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
- Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request access and correction to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to Privacy Queries section below). If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
- Privacy Queries
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us at:
(08) 9721 1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org